Good evening crew! I hope everyone had a great week. Again, I have been a little absent, my apologies! All week I felt like I can never catch up in any aspect of my life. Ever feel like that? If so, let’s breathe and say together “one thing at a time, one thing at a time”. Does that feel better? Good!
Here is a lil recap of some of the activities I’ve been up to this week and a special shout out to my dear friend, Dominique for motivating me today! 🙂
1. It all started with a movie date and hot chocolate with my go to girl, Shawna. With all this cold weather non-sense who wants to go out and brave the cold? And, anyone who knows me, knows I can’t say no to marshmallows.
2. Palm Beach Install. One major contributor to my hectic schedule this week is work. We installed a home for a client who wanted a relaxed and beachy home. We had some things to work around with this aged beauty of a home, but it came out beautifully! Here are some progress pics and will post some final ones next week!
3. Last weekend I took a trip to Miami to see some of my besties and we decided to go to the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM for short) and it was AMAZING! Not only for the contemporary art, but for the building as well. Designed by the famed architects, Herzog and de Meuron, located right on the water and the star of the Miami Museum Park renovation plans, this museum is an excellent addition to the Miami community.
I can not begin to explain how great this space is. Even the parking garage is fantastic! They really paid attention to details with areas of lush foliage and various opportunities to allow light to penetrate throughout the entire garage. From the garage, you emerge surrounded by hanging gardens and the ocean breeze.
Before even entering, we grabbed a cappuccino and chocolate croissant from the cafe, so European I know, and enjoyed some time on the stairs looking over the water.
The materials of the building are perfect, with concrete and teak offering a clean background to showcase the art, while adding some warmth and texture with the wood. The building also has these great, intimate niches throughout the entire space that allow people to reconnect.
I guess you can tell I can go on for days about this, so I will just share some of my favorite pieces and hope you have the opportunity to experience this amazing space. The current exhibit highlights various types of art of from Latin artists. A must see!
4. Another Miami must do is The Filling Station downtown…delish!! I heard they are super close to being on Diner, Drive ins, and Dives- they even have a challenge on the menu awaiting Adam on Man Vs Food! It’s 9 burgers, 9 onion rings, 18 slices of cheese and 2 pickles – if you eat by yourself in an hour with the tots and its free. Sooo, who’s hungry?
5. My grandma love’s to sew and her grandkids love to receive hand made blankets full of g-ma love like its candy! She recently started making fleece throws and begged her to make me a chic one for my living room. It is finally done and just got this snap shot of it today showing it with surprise tassel fringe!! OBSESSED! She certainly out did herself and can’t wait to pick this sucker up. Not only do I love the blanket but I love it more because she made it. Listen up kids – don’t take family time for granted, always make them a priority!
9 Burgers, 9 homemade onion rings, 18 slices of cheese and 2 whole pickles $39.2